February 27, 2010

Why I love the Grocery Game

Have you folks heard of the Grocery Game? It's this awesome website that makes shopping with coupons so much easier than the way I used to do it.

Instead of taking way too much time to flip through the weekly flyers that come in the paper, and comparing them to the coupons I just spent hours cutting out, this website does all that for you.

I. LOVE. IT. And I've been doing it for years. However, since I'm recently *ahem* self-employed I really have to make our dollars stretch like never before.

I wanted to share with you some examples of our most recent trips to the grocery store.





And just last week, I beat the previous trip's savings with this:




The site does charge you to be a member, but it's only $10 every 8 weeks, so I feel it's totally justified. Plus, if you just want to try it for a bit before you sign up, you can get a four week trial membership for only a dollar.

Also, if you refer a friend, you get free weeks toward your subscription! So if you do decide to join, make sure to give them my address jjkj6640@msn.com.

Let's start saving some money!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I just finally signed up for the free trial! However, I think there are 'catches' to doing it....
Usually coupons are for brand name items, AND wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy the generic anyway. AND if I buy more stuff just because it is on sale, I'm buying (spending) more than I would have otherwise.
I'll try it and see what happens!