July 25, 2009

A new sewing project....sort of

There's been some real live sewing going on in the house this weekend. It feels AWESOME.

After cleaning the rug in my craftroom (due to a feline that shall remain nameless), I am back in the mood to get my creative space feeling more creative, and less.....ummmm OVERFLOWING WITH PILES OF STUFF.

This project was started a few weeks ago and then got left on the back burner to sit patiently and wait for our lives to slow down a bit. It finally happened.



I've been wanting to make an hourglass quilt for a while, and spent a few hours the past couple days getting it pieced.

I knew I wanted to use the leftover fabrics from this quilt, because the colors are not something I would normally lean toward, but feel that they work really well together. What I didn't do was any sort of math - what.so.ever. I just cut the fabric in 4.25" squares (not even sure where that measurement came from) and would see how they turned out. Duh.

Just so you know......4.25" squares cut up and pieced together in an hourglass pattern only make a 5" block. For those not paying attention, that's a 4.5" square finished.

IT WILL TAKE ABOUT A MILLION OF THESE TO MAKE A LAP QUILT.

So, it's going to be a table runner or wall hanging or doll quilt. Definitely something small.

Does anyone else tend to have 20/20 vision AFTER beginning a project?

No comments: