August 16, 2009

It's Finished!!


I just completed my first hourglass quilt this weekend. Well actually, it's a table runner. I gave up about half way through when I realized HOW MANY half square triangles I'd have to sew to make an actual quilt.
Since I'd never made this pattern before, I didn't consider how many seams came together, and how many points there would be to match up. What a pain. I'm not sure If I'll do this pattern again, at least not with 4" squares anyway. Maybe a nice 9" wouldn't be so bad.


I backed it in a pretty vintage sheet I had in my collection.


Also during this project, I came to the conclusion that my walking foot is pretty worthless. The top feed dogs are practically smooth, which means it was still just pushing the top layer along like a regular foot would.

I visited my local Husqvarna store in the Joanns store to get a new walking foot and they wanted $90 for a new one that wasn't the generic "universal" type. Seriously???? I've since visited eBay to get a new one. Keeping my fingers crossed that I win the auction.

The new runner is up for sale in the shop as of today.

2 comments:

Studio Scrap Craft said...

Muito bonita esta arte parabéns!!!!!

Glenda said...

That runner is gorgeous, and I love the vintage sheet back :).

Wow, $90!! That would've illicted one of those inappropriate "you've gotta be kidding" laughs from me. They're proud of that walking foot, aren't they?!!